How to apply
- Applying to UBC and applying for residence are two separate things.
- You can apply for residence before you are admitted to UBC.
- Check that you meet all eligibility requirements. Complete the entire application. Include the non-refundable $50 application fee with your application.
- Application fee: Provided the applications are for the same winter session, one $50 residence application fee will cover the following residence applications:
- Vancouver campus winter session (September to April)
- Vancouver campus year-round residence
- Okanagan campus winter session (September to April)
- Okanagan campus year-round residence - Graduate Residential College
- Accommodating Mobility and Agility Disabilities
If you have a mobility or agility disability, or have guests with mobility disabilities, you are welcome to request or accept assignment to accommodation located above the ground floor. Nevertheless, you should know that the elevators do occasionally break down, and may be out of order for extended periods. Inconvenience may occur for those unable to negotiate stairs.
Things to do to ensure you don't miss your email offer of residence
Keep your e-mail address and contact information current. You can update your contact information by accessing the Student Service Centre and log on using your CWL account and password.
If you miss your email offer, and fail to accept your residence offer before the expiry date, your housing application will be cancelled.
Winter Session Residences September to April
Similkameen Place, Cassiar, Valhalla, Kalamalka, Nicola, Purcell, Cascades, Upper Cascades, Monashee Place.
Residence Allocation Process (RAP) Applicant - (Current UBC Student) - February 1, 2013
First Year Applicant - (Guaranteed Housing) - May 1, 2013
Applications received after these dates will be added to the wait list according to the date received.
We require a non-refundable $50 application fee (Mastercard, VISA, cheques or money orders payable to the University of British Columbia). Include payment with your application, or you will not be considered for a residence assignment. Post-dated cheques are not accepted.
If you wish to live in the same residence, floor, unit, or room with a friend or friends please ensure preferences are identical and applications are submitted by the May 1st, 2013 deadline.
If requested roommates receive the same area offer then the roommate request can be accommodated.
(Roommate requests will be accommodated to the best of our ability but are not guaranteed)
Log onto Online Services. Follow the prompts and provide the requested information.
How to apply:
- Apply online: please log on at the Online Services Centre.
- Download a fillable PDF form from the Application Forms page or pick up an application form at the Department of Student Housing and Hospitality Services office.
Please do not send duplicate applications.
Make sure you complete the entire form. Double-check that you ranked your residence preferences. While we will do our best to assign you to your first or second preference, we cannot guarantee this will occur, and you may be assigned to another residence area. You can make changes to your application until May 1, 2013 by logging onto Online Services.
You can submit your completed application and accompanying $50 fee as follows:
- Online: you can apply online with credit card payment
- Mail your application to:
UBC Student Housing and Hospitality Services Okanagan
1290 International Mews,
Canada V1V 1V8
- Fax your application to: 1 (250) 807-9157 with credit card payment.
We will confirm receipt of your application by sending you notification of your application status.